Hunger is closer than you think.
40 million people struggle with hunger in the United States. In Michigan, 1,414,700 people face hunger everyday – and of them, 356,930 are children.
To raise awareness and combat the issue, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Feeding America and Greater Lansing Food Bank (GLFB) are kicking off its sixth annual nationwide “Fight Hunger. Spark Change.” (FHSC) campaign, which will run from April 22 to May 20.
In partnership with GLFB, Walmart and Sam’s Club now invite shoppers to help fight hunger in their local community. There are three ways to participate:
- Purchase participating products: customers and members can purchase participating products in stores and clubs to donate
- Each participating item purchased at Walmart will unlock a donation from the supplier equivalent to at least 1 meal secured on behalf of local food banks.
- Each participating item purchased at Sam’s Club will unlock a donation from the supplier equivalent to at least 5 meals secured on behalf of local food banks.
- Donate in-store: customers and members can donate the amount of their choice at manned registers and self-checkouts ($1 helps secure at least 10 meals on behalf of local Feeding America food banks).
- Donate online: customers and members can donate the amount of their choice online at feedingamerica.org/Walmart.
All donations made in stores and clubs from the sale of participating items, and at the register, will be made on behalf of Feeding America member food banks and will stay in the communities serviced by those food banks.
Over the last five years, 749 million meals have been secured. By participating in one of these ways, you can help the Feeding America network secure its 1 billion cumulative meals goal! Track the number of meals by visiting Walmart.com/fighthunger.
With your help last year, GLFB benefited from $41,000 from Walmart and Sam’s Club’s commitment to fight hunger. Are you ready to commit?
See the full list of participating products that you can purchase in stores and clubs.