Perennial Plant Exchange 2022
Saturday, Sept. 24 | 1 p.m.
Garden Project’s Resource Center located at 2401 Marcus St., in Foster Park
Community members are invited to bring perennial plants from their home gardens to exchange with others!
NOTE: Registration is now closed but you’re still welcome to attend! Arrive by 1 p.m. to register on site and join the fun
How it Works:
You will check in then for each plant brought, gardeners may take an equivalent number of plants home. The exchange will occur in rounds. See the preliminary schedule below:
1 – 1:15 p.m. | Arrival & Check-in
- Gardeners check in, organize plants and browse the plant selection. Please Note: Those arriving after 1:15 p.m. will not be allowed to participate in the exchange.
1:25 p.m. | Round 1
- Those who donated one plant may take one plant from the selection.
1:30 p.m. | Round 2
- Those who donated two plants select a second plant from the exchange.
1:35 p.m. | Round 3 – 10
- Each person in attendance selects a plant from the table.
*The rounds continue until there are no plants left.
Preparing for the Exchange:
- Carefully divide or dig up the plants you wish to donate.
- Dividing Perennials PDF here.
- Watch an instructional video here.
- Pot each plant individually.
- Label each plant with one of our labels.
- Bring a box or crate to help you take your new plants home.
*Garden Project’s Resource Center has garden tools to lend, including digging forks and shovels to make your plant dividing task easier.
Browse the list of plants that are expected at the exchange. The list will be updated as registrations are received. Duplicates of these varieties are welcome.
Registration is now closed but you’re still welcome to attend!
Arrive by 1 p.m. to register on site and join the fun.
- Join: Electronic newsletter (weekly news, gardening tips, reminders and educational opportunities)
- Connect: Facebook and Instagram
- Phone: 517-853-7809
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org