Hosting a food or fund drive is a fun, hands-on way to involve your friends or family in the fight to end hunger.
- Ofisi ya Misaada ya Ofisi - Mwenyeji wa kampeni ya likizo
- Siku za kuzaliwa - Rally marafiki na familia yako kuchangia kwa heshima yako
- Kodi - Heshima au kumbuka mtu maalum katika maisha yako
- Mahafali - Weka alama siku maalum au tukio
- 5k Anaendesha / Mbio Matukio - Kuadhimisha kukimbia yako kubwa
Lets Get Started!
Planning makes for a successful food drive. Here are some steps to help get you started.
- Choose a food or fund drive. Decide what type of drive works best for you.
- Food drive: collect canned goods and food donations in-person.
- Fund drive: make a one-time donation below or become a fundraiser on behalf of Greater Lansing Food Bank. Fundraisers can easily rally friends, family, co-workers and employees to help fight hunger with their own unique donation page.
- Select dates. Make sure to give yourself enough time to plan and promote the food drive.
- Set a goal. Working toward a goal is a good way to achieve success and celebrate your efforts.
- Promote your food or fund drive. Use social media, create press releases and send out group emails to help spread the word. Be sure to tag us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn!
Collection sites should be well-marked. Use sturdy boxes, not bags, to collect food. For
example, cardboard boxes that printing paper are delivered in would work well.
- Collect only non-perishable food items.
- No glass. Glass can chip and break in barrels.
- Do not mix non-food items with food, even if it is sealed.
To deliver your donation, call GLFB at (517) 853-7800 between
Tuesdays & Thursdays 12 noon – 3 p.m. or by appointment.
Note: GLFB has discontinued the use of red barrels and are now asking all food to be collected in boxes. GLFB will pick-up food collections that exceed 500 lbs. (approx. 500 items).
Please email us at email@example.com for further details or questions.
Food Drive Tool-kit
Food Drive Logos
GLFB Logo (color) | GLFB Logo (white)