- Click here to browse all volunteer opportunities!
- Giving opportunities
- Garden Project on Facebook
- For local gardening events, check out Let’s Garden Lansing
Resources for Gardeners
- Planning Your Garden
- Planting Timeline
- Seed Starting & Transplanting
- Container Gardening
- Raised Beds
- Composting Tools & Site Selection
- Weeding Tips
- “A Pocket Guide to Common Diseases in the Urban Garden“ by Dr. Rachel Naegele and Dr. Mary Hausbeck
Information for Garden Leaders
Garden Leaders: Specialty resources are available for existing gardens in the network! Let us know how we can best support your good work.
- Community Garden Leader, Position Description
- Lansing Area Community Garden Resource Guide
- Garden Leader Resource Request Application (Garden Improvement Grant)
- A Top Ten List for Garden Leaders
- Jim’s Tips for Garden Leaders
- Community Garden Portfolio (use this garden journal for tracking and record keeping. Contact us for a word document version)
- A Guide to Starting a Community Garden in the Greater Lansing Area
- Download a “Do Not Pick” sign to help protect your garden (24 inch all-weather signs are also available at-cost for $10 each)
Garden Project offers home garden resources to households who qualify based on income. Assistance includes access to our Resource Center for free seeds and plants, educational resources, and more. Email us or call us with questions on home garden resources.
For information about local home garden tilling options, click here: Lansing Area Rototilling Options.