The Garden Project Resource Center in Foster Park is located at 2401 Marcus St., Lansing, MI 48912 (at the corner of Foster and Marcus Streets). It is open seasonally, from April – July, and by appointment.
What’s at the Resource Center?
Besides helpful staff and volunteers who can answer your questions, we offer registered gardeners:
- Free seeds (usually limited to 25 packets per year)
- Free seedlings (vegetable transplants); weekly distribution, quantities depend on supply
- Free tool lending of standard garden tools for two weeks at a time
- Gardening and cooking info: books, magazines, videos, pamphlets, etc.
- Canning and food preservation equipment (free canning jars and two week lending of equipment)
- Other resources as available, including at-cost straw bales, cover crop seeds, etc.
Also, a great opportunity to meet other gardeners, get advice or volunteer!