GIVEN THE CURRENT SPREAD OF CORONAVIRUS IN THE COMMUNITY, THE RESOURCE CENTER IS ONLY OPEN BY APPOINTMENT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
GARDENING RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE TO COMMUNITY GARDENERS AND HOME GARDENERS WITH A FINANCIAL NEED IN OUR 7-COUNTY SERVICE REGION.
CLICK HERE to request an appointment to pick up warm-season vegetable transplants.
CLICK HERE to request seed packets by mail. (View the Garden Project Seed Packet Catalog)
Take a look inside Garden Project’s Resource Center
Garden Project’s Resource Center in Foster Park is located at 2401 Marcus St., Lansing, MI 48912 (at the corner of Foster & Marcus). It is open seasonally, from April – July, and by appointment.
What’s at the Resource Center?
Besides helpful staff and volunteers who can answer your questions, we offer registered gardeners:
- Free seeds (usually limited to 25 packets per year)
- Free seedlings (vegetable transplants); weekly distribution, quantities depend on supply
- Free tool lending of standard garden tools for two weeks at a time
- Gardening and cooking info: books, magazines, videos, pamphlets, etc.
- Canning and food preservation equipment (free canning jars and two week lending of equipment)
- Other resources as available, including at-cost straw bales, cover crop seeds, etc.
Visiting the Resource Center provides a great opportunity to meet other gardeners, get advice or volunteer!