Garden Project’s Resource Center is located at 2401 Marcus St., Lansing, 48912, in the south end of Foster Park.
Take a look inside Garden Project’s Resource Center
What’s at the Resource Center?
Besides helpful staff and volunteers who can answer your questions, we offer registered gardeners:
- Free seeds (usually limited to 25 packets per year) – View a sampling of our seed stock here
- Free seedlings (vegetable transplants); weekly distribution, quantities depend on supply
- Free tool lending of standard garden tools for two weeks at a time
- Gardening and cooking info: books, magazines, videos, pamphlets, etc.
- Canning and food preservation equipment (free canning jars and two week lending of equipment)
- Other resources as available, including at-cost straw bales, cover crop seeds, etc.
Visiting the Resource Center provides a great opportunity to meet other gardeners, get advice or volunteer!
Attention Community Garden Leaders: If you would like to pick up resources (seeds, plant starts, tools, etc.) for your community garden as a whole, please contact our office to schedule an appointment with staff to meet you at the Resource Center before or after our public open hours or by appointment. Please call 517-853-7809 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RC supplies payments: Payments of $5.00 or greater can be paid online here.