2023 Garden Registration is Now Open
Garden Project manages registration for the following 17 community gardens:
- Airport: 2027 W. State Rd. 48906
- Armory: 500 Marshall St. 48912
- Clifford Park: 550 E. Mt. Hope Ave 48910
- ELF: 804 Clyde St. 48915
- Foster: 2325 Marcus St. 48912
- Hill: 5815 Wise Rd. 48911
- Letts: 399 Huron St. 48915
- Lilac: 1260 Lilac Ave. EL 48823
- North School: 333. E. Miller Rd. 48911
- Okemos International: 4394 Okemos Rd. Okemos
- Orchard Court: 5745 Orchard Ct. 48911
- Otto: 500 E. Thomas St. 48906
- Paradise: 550 S. Foster Ave. 48912
- Risdale: 2400 Reo Rd. 48911
- Roots: 1084 S. Hagadorn Rd. Mason
- Slater Park: 2701 Hopkins Ave. 48912
- Towar: 6383 Towar Ave. EL 48823
All other community gardens handle their own registration. Please contact the garden directly to inquire about their registration process. See a list of community gardens and their contact information here.
Register for a plot in an GP-managed garden
Payment for your plot is expected at the time of registration. Fees are determined by you, based on your personal financial situation. Please use the following to guide your plot fee selection:
- $15: Low income
- $25: Moderate income
- $50: Market rate
Choose an amount that is as much as you can pay but not less than $15 per plot. Donations are also very welcome! Plot fees and financial gifts allow Garden Project to continue offering gardening resources to our community.
Register using one of the links below:
- Register online using a credit card (preferred)
- Register online and pay by cash or check
- Download and print a paper registration form and mail in payment
Your garden registration includes access to Garden Project’s Resource Center (RC), located at 2401 Marcus Street, at the southend of Foster Park in Lansing. If you registered for a garden plot through Garden Project, you do not need to register separately for the RC.
Gardeners from low-to-moderate income families are welcome to access Garden Project’s Resource Center for seeds, plants and tool lending. Learn more about the Resource Center here. Registration for Resource Center access will be available this spring.
Those who garden in the community gardens managed by Garden Project (see the list above) are asked to pay at least $15 per plot, more if you are able. Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated! Payment in the form of cash, check, or credit card is expected at the time of registration. More information is available on the registration form.
- 2022 registered gardeners can pay overdue plot fees by calling 517-853-7809. Those who do not pay their plot fees will be unable to register for a plot in 2023.
Trying to decide whether community gardening is for you?
Read about the benefits and time it takes to be a community gardener and browse our list of Frequently Asked Questions (below).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- English: Community Gardener FAQs
- Arabic: البستانيون طرحها عامة أ سئلة FAQs
- Burmese: ဥယ ျာဥ်မ ူးမ ျာူးမှမမူးမ ေ့မမူးထရှှီမ ျာမမူးခွန်ူးမ ျာူ FAQs
- French: Questions générales posées par les jardiniers FAQs
- Nepali: किसानहरुलेसोधेिा सामान्य प्रश्नहरु FAQs
(If you require translation into a different language, email Garden Project.)
If you don’t see your question answered give us a call at (517) 853-7809. Let’s keep the conversation going!