The Garden Project’s Foster Park Resource Center is located at 2401 Marcus St., Lansing, MI 48912 (the corner of Foster and Marcus Streets).
What’s at the Resource Center?
Besides helpful staff and volunteers who can help answer your questions, we offer to registered gardeners:
- Free seeds (usually limited to 25 packets per year)
- Free seedlings (transplants); quantities depend on supply
- Free tool lending of standard garden tools for two weeks at a time
- Gardening and cooking info: books, magazines, videos, pamphlets, etc.
- Other resources as available
- Also, a great opportunity to meet other gardeners, get advice or volunteer
Community Garden Leader Resources
Garden Leaders: resources are available for existing gardens in the network. Please use this Resource Application to let us know how we can be of support. Also, read more about local resources in the updated 2014 Lansing Area Community Garden Resource Guide.
Home Garden Assistance
The Garden Project offers home garden assistance to households who qualify based on income. Assistance may include access to free seeds and plants, educational resources, and more.
Our tool lending library and Resource Center are great for beginning or experienced gardeners.
Email us or call (517) 853-7809 for help with a home garden.
Click here to browse all opportunities.
- For local gardening events, check out Let’s Garden Lansing
- Download a “Do Not Pick” sign to help protect your garden
- 2014 Lansing Area Community Garden Resource Guide
- Starting a Community Garden Guide
“A Pocket Guide to Common Diseases in the Urban Garden” by Dr. Rachel Naegele and Dr. Mary Hausbeck
NOTE: We have examined the home garden tilling program and have come to the conclusion that we will not be able to continue operating this service. We will no longer be offering home garden rototilling. We will still service home gardeners with supplies such as tool lending, plants and seeds, as well as educational options. We have compiled a listing of tilling contractors. If you find that these don’t work, or if you have found another option, please let us know so that we may update our list. Thanks!