Lansing Roots is always looking for volunteers, interns, and supporters. If you have talents, skills, time or money to offer, please contact us today.
Lansing Roots Farm Volunteer (April through November)
The Lansing Roots Farm is located in Mason MI and serves to help historically under-served populations begin their own successful farming businesses. We provide land, tools, training, and marketing services to those interested in farming and looking to farm on their own in the future. We are going into our third season and it is a very exciting time for this new program as we develop our multi-grower CSA (or community supported agriculture). Volunteers (groups and individuals welcome!) are needed to assist with the daily operations of the farm as well as marketing and CSA distribution. Tasks can include planting, watering, weeding, harvesting produce, general farm maintenance, assisting with packing and distributing CSA boxes and any special projects! Weekend opportunities available.
2016 internship opportunities will be posted early in the new year. Please check back!
- 3-Pt. and PTO Tractor Implements for 46 HP 4WD Kubota: Chisel Plow, Disc, Rock Picker, Seed Drill, Planter Boxes, Manure Spreader, Broadcast Seeder, Root Digger, etc
- Power Equipment: Rototillers, Mowers and Weed Trimmers-High-Wheeled, Straight Shaft String Trimmers (Harness-Style preferred), Heavy Duty Brush Mowers
- All Greenhouse and Hoophouse Materials: Small to Large, Temporary or Permanent, Heated or Unheated, Lights, Germination Chamber, etc
- Power Tools: All power tools; especially cordless
- Garden Hand Tools and Equipment: Shovels, Hoes, Rakes, Forks, Cultivators, Trowels, Planters, Pruners, Soil Test Kits, Broadcast Seeders, all other digging, cutting, or material-moving implements
- Specialty Farm Tools: Wheel Hoes, Earthway and Pinpoint Seeders
- Watering Supplies: Garden Hoses, Watering Cans, Watering Wands, Spray Nozzles, Hose Repair Supplies, etc
- Landscape Materials: Concrete Blocks, Paver Stones and Bricks, Wood Posts, Fabric, Pins, Edging, etc
- Organic Materials: Bark Mulch, Compost, Potting Soil, Organic Soil Amendments, Gypsum, Potash, Greensand, etc.
- Organic Pest Control Supplies: All kinds; liquid, solid, biological
- Fencing Materials (Stakes and Material of all Kinds): U-Posts, T-Posts, Bamboo Stakes, Chicken Wire, Snow Fence, Square Wire, etc
- Hand Tools: Any and all general hand tools (hammers, tape measures, wrenches, saws, ratchet/socket sets, etc)
- Plants, Seeds, Bulbs, etc.
- Tables, Chairs, Outdoor Furniture, Picnic Tables, etc
- Garden carts, Wheelbarrows, Wheel Carts or Hand Trucks, etc
- Lumber and Other Building Materials, like Hardware Cloth, Plastic and Metal Mesh of any kind, Rope, Chain, Nylon String, Plant Twine, etc